Wednesday, June 30, 2010

These are a few of my (Ashley) favorite things…

So I have been meaning to blog about our remodel of the kitchen, but then I decided I will wait until we are all done and put into one big mega blog…oooh are you excited?!??!? Stay tuned and at the end of this post you will see a sneak peak at the kitchen we are redoing…..oh do I know how to keep you reading or how to make you scroll to the bottom of the page quickly? Either way you are intrigued :)

I did want to share our weekend festivities with those who care :) We have been working pretty much all day everyday, but we did get out on Saturday and spend some times at my Mother’s Mecca aka Longaberger Homestead

homestead We shopped the factory outlet and I got some candles and plastic basket protectors to organize our drawers at home… this is the summer of Organization (or at least hopefully it will be when I get home!) Then we had some delish lunch at their restaurant there. After lunch we went into the town of Dayton, which is where the company started and the owner once worked at the local restaurant….now the whole town revolves around his product—pretty neat! Then we went back to the homestead to shop some more and wait for the)…………………………………………………………….… ………………………….FIREWORKS!!!!!!!!!

Hence the name of the title of this blog!! Fireworks and spending time with my family are on my Top 5 FAVORITE THINGS EVER!!!!! We sat for about 2 hours waiting for them and doing what my mom and I do best people watch…and then at 9:30 they started and they were AMAZING!!! I really think we should have fireworks more than just twice a year…they bring such happiness to people…I mean listen to how happy this girl is watching fireworks….

………….oh wait that is me a few years ago :)

Here are the fireworks we saw this past weekend:

IMGP0050

The Finale:

I can hardly wait for this next weekend!!!

Here is the sneak peak at my parent’s kitchen that we are redoing….

Before we painted:

IMGP0022

1 comment: