Monday, July 19, 2010

Familia Time in Ohio!!!

 

So, it has been over a week since I got back from spending 3 weeks in Ohio with my parents. I haven’t blogged about it yet, because when I got home I hit the ground running and spent the last week organizing different rooms, closets, drawers, and cabinets in my house (can’t believe I still had it in me, after doing it for 3 weeks at my parents house!)…blog with pictures on my projects later..so stay tuned for those in an upcoming blog.

My parents moved to Ohio because my dad got relocated to Wright Patt Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. They bout a house that was built in the 1950’s from the man who built it (we got to meet him..he is 94!). The house has great bones, but just needs some updating. We spent our days unpacking box after box after box and deciding what DIY project we would work on. Since, my mom is a newly discovered Dishaholic we decided we should get the kitchen just the way she wants it (for the time being) and then unpack all her million kitchen boxes. So, we painted the walls a brown and we painted the kitchen cabinets a creamy white. Before this project I thought I wanted to paint my kitchen cabinets, not anymore…it is so difficult with cabinets because you have drips and they stick to what you paint on and all kinds of set backs…we will just get knobs for our cabinets and call it a day. Here are some pictures of the kitchen before and after:

Here are the before pictures (we had already taken the doors off the cabinets)

IMGP0022 IMGP0028 IMGP0027 IMGP0026

Here are alllllllllllllll the doors I primed:

IMGP0032 IMGP0033 IMGP0031 IMGP0037 

Almost finished (we didn’t get to put the doors back on before I left):IMGP0138 IMGP0136IMGP0139 IMGP0137

After I primed the cabinets I got kinda bored with painting, well really I didn’t want to mess up the final product, so I moved on to organizing—which I found I liked doing. I organized both my mom and dad’s closets (yes they have separate closets…maybe they are clothesaholics too :)Then I organized their bathrooms…and believe it or not I was able to make all my mom’s Bath and Body work lotions fit!

We did take a few breaks to have some fun too and that is what the following pictures are from:

We visited my dad at his new office at Wright Patt Air Force Base!!

IMGP0089   IMGP0090IMGP0094 IMGP0092 

The neighbors on their private lane threw them a welcome to the block party. The man below is the man who built my parents house in the 50’s and lived in it until last year. He was so cute and sharp for being 94!!!

IMGP0096IMGP0098

We had just got done swimming and waiting for the fireworks!

IMGP0070 IMGP0072

Last night there..Dinner at Olive Garden!

IMGP0114 IMGP0118 IMGP0120 IMGP0122

I was trying to get a cute family photo before I go….look what I have to work with :)

Our best one just look past my dad’s crazy eyes) it only took 10 shots to get this one:

IMGP0130 

Some more family shots before I left for the airport:

IMGP0160 IMGP0163   IMGP0161One thing I don’t get from my dad…his awkward picture taking…oh but I love him anyway :)

I had an amazing time helping them get set up! I was so glad that I was able to be there and help my mom get her DIY projects rolling. I am already excited to see what it will look like at Christmas. I am working on getting a blog started for my parents, so they can blog about their projects and progress on the house and how things are in Ohio…even though they don’t have Lebron anymore ;) I love my family so much!!

I know when I leave, the distance will keep us apart. But distance, no matter how far, can't change that I love you with all my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us visit, Ashley! You've got a great blog going here...it was such fun! It's a great update for all of us that miss you Mom and Dad so much! And your quote at the end...PRICELESS!!!
    ~Betty C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, thanks for sharing this. I miss your mom so much. HUGS

    ReplyDelete